This End User License Agreement (“Agreement”) is between you and the Lake County Elections App ("App") and governs use of this App made available through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. By installing the App, you agree to be bound by this Agreement and understand that there is no tolerance for objectionable content. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are not entitled to use the App.
In order to ensure the App provides the best experience possible for everyone, we strongly enforce a no tolerance policy for objectionable content. If you see inappropriate content, please use the "Report as offensive" feature found under each post.
- Parties. This Agreement is between you and the App only, and not Apple or Google, Inc. (“Apple or Google”) or Google LLC ("Google"). Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge that Apple or Google and its subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement and Apple or Google has the right to enforce this Agreement against you. The App, not Apple or Google, is solely responsible for the App and its content.
- Privacy. The App may collect and use information about your usage of the App, including certain types of information from and about your device. The App may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to measure the use and performance of the App.
- Limited License. The App grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use the App for your personal, non-commercial purposes. You may only use the App on Apple or Google devices that you own or control and as permitted by the App Store Terms of Service.
- Warranty. The App disclaims all warranties about the App to the fullest extent permitted by law. To the extent any warranty exists under law that cannot be disclaimed, the App, not Apple or Google, shall be solely responsible for such warranty.
- Negation of Liability / Warranty. NEITHER THE APP NOR GOVERNMENT OF LAKE COUNTY INDIANA ("LAKE COUNTY") NOR THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING INFORMATION THROUGH THE APP SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE APP USER OR TO ANY PERSON CLAIMING THROUGH THE APP USER OR TO WHOM REGISTERED USER MAY HAVE PROVIDED DATA FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY ARISING OUT OF OR CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE APP, LAKE COUNTY'S OR THIRD PARTIES` NEGLIGENT ACTS OR OMISSIONS IN PROCURING, COMPILING, COLLECTING, INTERPRETING, REPORTING, COMMUNICATING, OR DELIVERING INFORMATION THROUGH THE APP OR IN OTHERWISE PERFORMING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. LAKE COUNTY AND THIRD PARTIES DO NOT MAKE AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. LAKE COUNTY AND/OR THIRD PARTIES DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THE CORRECTNESS, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE THE APP OR THE COMPONENTS THEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL LAKE COUNTY OR THIRD PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, HOWEVER ARISING, INCURRED BY THE REGISTERED USER FROM RECEIPT OR USE OF INFORMATION DELIVERED HEREUNDER, OR THE UNAVAILABILITY THEREOF. NEITHER LAKE COUNTY NOR THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING INFORMATION THROUGH THE APP SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS` FEES, DAMAGES TO OTHER GOODS OR EQUIPMENT, LOST PROFITS, DOWNTIME COSTS, LABOR COST, OVERHEAD COSTS OR CLAIMS OF CUSTOMERS OR CLIENTS OF REGISTERED USER FOR SUCH COSTS, IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR THE FAILURE OF LAKE COUNTY OR THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING INFORMATION THROUGH THE APP TO PERFORM THEIR OBLIGATIONS, REGARDLESS OF ANY NEGLIGENCE OF EITHER LAKE COUNTY OR THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING INFORMATION THROUGH THE APP.
- Availability. The app does not warrant that the App will always be accessible, uninterrupted, timely, secure, error free or that the App will not be affected by any acts of God or other force majeure events, including inability to obtain or shortage of necessary materials, equipment facilities, power or telecommunications, lack of telecommunications equipment or facilities and failure of information technology or telecommunications equipment or facilities.
- Maintenance and Support. App does provide minimal maintenance or support for it but not to the extent that any maintenance or support is required by applicable law, the App, not Apple or Google, shall be obligated to furnish any such maintenance or support.
- Product Claims. The App, not Apple or Google, is responsible for addressing any claims by you relating to the App or use of it, including, but not limited to: (i) any product liability claim; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) any claim arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed an admission that you may have such claims.
- Third Party Intellectual Property Claims. The App shall not be obligated to indemnify or defend you with respect to any third party claim arising out or relating to the App. To the extent App is required to provide indemnification by applicable law, the App, not Apple or Google, shall be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any claim that the App or your use of it infringes any third party intellectual property right.
- Election Results. The Lake County Election Results are provided for your convenience only and are not official. While the App may use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date Election Results, the App makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy, timeliness or completeness. For official Lake County Elections results, please contact Lake County Indiana Election and Voter Registration Board.
- Amendments. The App may periodically make changes to the contents of this Agreement, including to the descriptions and prices of goods and services advertised, at any time and without notice. The App assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Agreement.